Can a throttle position sensor make your car die sometimes but always start back up?

Buick Model Vehicle Information

Can a throttle position sensor make your car die sometimes but always start back up?

Postby collyer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I have a 95 Buick Lesabre, for weeks it's been dying but would always start up. Sometimes it doesn't stall for days, then it starts up again. One time it died and it wouldn't start up, the garage called me and said he put 10 dollars worth of gas in it and it started back up. Here's the funny thing when i was pulling out of the Garage Parking Lot the Car died. half a tank, under a half a tank it STILL dies. obviously the garage didn't do me any good. The Car's low on gas light doesn't come on either but i know it shouldn't be dying like it does or like the time it wouldn't start up at all. what do you think? should i take the chance on the $50.00 throttle sensor and see if that fixes it? I don't have a lot of money to throw around , esp, on this piece of ******* **** car.

It's like the more gas it has in it makes it run better and die less but it still dies. especially when it gets quite low. i'm SO aggravated with this garbage car, i feel like pushing it off a cliff
collyer

Postby faraji4 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Calm down. You have to check the fuel pressure. It is simple with the correct gauge. You could also try unplugging the MAF sensor. The check eng light will illuminate, but it may cure the stalling. Quite common problem.
faraji4

Return to Buick