The security light is flashing on my 1995 Buick LeSabre. Does anyone know how to reset this passkey function?

Buick Model Vehicle Information

The security light is flashing on my 1995 Buick LeSabre. Does anyone know how to reset this passkey function?

Postby aramis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 pm

I have tried disconnecting the battery, locking and unlocking the doors and other various suggestions. I even tried the spare key. Apparently there is a procedure to clear this error, but, my local Buick dealer won't tell me.

Thanks
aramis

Postby trowhridge » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Yes, you can clear it but the fact that it's on means that the system is failing. Trust me ive been dealing with these systems for years. Go to this link, it explains the problem and offers some solutions to fix it forever. Save this link, because this is going to keep happening more and more till you fix it or bypass it. Eventually reseting the system isnt going to work anymore and your car wont start at all. http://vatspasslockpasskeysecurityhelp.yolasite.com/ Look under QUICK FIXES for the reset
trowhridge

Return to Buick