2000 cadillac deville overheating?

Cadillac motor vehicle information

Postby hotah » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 am

I have a 2000 caddy and lately it's been overheating bad and I was told that the head gasket, the engine is all aluminum and I don't know much about cars but whoever designed this engine should be shot!!!! It's going to cost 2600 all in labor?? I suppose I'm looking to see if anyone has an easier fix to this problem?
hotah

Postby durante » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 am

sounds about right, its a huge job to do head gasket on your engine 22 hrs......someone should be slapped for putting such crap in a caddy......make sure they machine the heads!!!!....hows your starter???? its buried under the intake on your beast, if there is any doubt swap it out now so you don't get stung in 3 months for that too....2.5hrs to replace a starter....might want to do the water pump too..2.5 hrs...so that 5 hrs lbr to put towards new parts because they shouldn't charge you the labour twice
THERE IS A PRODUCT CALLED IRONTITE, USED FOR HEAD GASKET LEAKS,MIGHT BUY YOU SOME TIME
durante

Postby aylmer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:16 am

That is the usual cost to fix a head gasket, however you would be further off selling the car (& hopefully no one will notice the leak) or dropping a better engine in.
aylmer

Return to Cadillac