2003 Cadillac Leaking Anti-Freeze?

Cadillac motor vehicle information

Postby denver » Mon May 14, 2012 4:27 am

2003 Cadillac DeVille is leaking Anti-Freeze I thought is was from the water pump but it is fine If anyone knows where it could be leaking from I would really appreciate it Thanks!!!!!!!!
denver

Postby niguel » Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 am

2003 Cadillac DeVille is leaking Anti-Freeze I thought is was from the water pump but it is fine If anyone knows where it could be leaking from I would really appreciate it Thanks!!!!!!!!
Depends on what of the car it is leaking from (LEFT or RIGHT!!!!!!)

If from the left side & you say it isn't the water pump, is the water pump cover gasket leaking??? Could be the crossover gaskets leaking, these 2 areas a re quite common on Northstar engines. Head gaskets are quite common too but those are most likely internal leaks. If you are not seeing any coolant leaking on the ground, but have a slight miss at start up after car been sitting a while, then possibly head gaskets are leaking & not a repair you should have done especially if it has very high miles since the higher the miles, most likely the head bolts have pulled out of the block which you will have to put inserts(Heli-coils) in the block & those have a 90% failure rate as well of pulling out when torqueing the heads down.

If it is leaking on the Right hand side, possibly the reservior tank is cracked at the top hose. Also the side tanks on the radiator on common leaks also & the hoses can be leaking as well. Like the others said, you will need to take it to someone to determine the source of the leak since we cannot see the leak from our computers.
niguel

Postby freddy » Mon May 14, 2012 4:35 am

does this have the northstar engine if so then possible the head gasket is gone common problem with this engine when it gets in the high mileage range and the bad news if it is the head gasket then engine replacement is in order the head bolts strip in the block and can't be repaired. the other possible problem would be the heater core but you would smell anti freeze in the car and the windshield would be fogging up when you run the car. a shop can run tests to verify to which it is
freddy

Postby telfour » Mon May 14, 2012 4:43 am

Park over large piece of cardboard. Start engine. Should give you general idea of location.
Cracked old radiator hoses. Should be stiff when squeezed, not soft.

Clamps on radiator hoses not tight enough. Tighten with screwdriver or end wrench.
Could be radiator.
telfour

Postby baldhere46 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 am

WOW there beating you up here real quick cheeck pass side floor and hope its not wet cause you most likley have a heater core gone bad thats dollars too fix or just cap it off and no more heater or defroster ....
baldhere46

Postby anscom » Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 am

Cant see it from here dingbat. You'll have to do the lookin'. Or pay someone who knows what they are lookin' at.
anscom

Postby renton » Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 am

I wouldn't be surprised a Cadillac is leaking anti-freeze. It's AMERICAN!!
renton

Postby darrik » Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 am

My sister has a cadillac. SO there you go. There's your answer
darrik

Return to Cadillac