Disconnect/remove speaker in the dash of 2000 Cadillac Deville?

Cadillac motor vehicle information

Postby woodley » Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm

o need to eather dissconnect or remove the speaker in the middle of the dash in my 2000 Deville. my uncle said i might just be able to snip a wire from the wire harnes which would be easy but i wouldnt know what wire to cut. but i may want to replace the speaker in the future so i dont really wanna do that.

So to be able to remove it do i need to take off the whole dash to access the screws to get out, or can i just pop off the metal covering above the dash and unscrew it like that?
woodley

Postby berdy8 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:27 pm

It is easy to access that speaker in that model. The speaker is mounted to the metal piece that surrounds it and the defroster vents just behind the windshield.

The metal piece is held in only by spring clips - carefully pry it up (I would start in the middle), work slowly so as not to bend the metal or damage the padded dashboard. It will pop off with a little patience. If your car has a sun sensor (small black round thing) disconnect the plug to that (if removing the metal piece completely). Then disconnect the plug to the speaker and you're done. You could remove the speaker itself but if your goal is to disable it you can just leave the plug disconnected.

Line the metal piece up with the spring clip retainers and press it into the dash. It takes a pretty firm push to fully seat it.
berdy8

Return to Cadillac