Has anyone actually won a car or money from a Car Dealer scratch game?

Chrysler model vehicle information

Postby farrant91 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:47 am

I got a mailer from Sonju Chrysler...in Two Harbors, MN. I scratched the back and it says I won..yeah right!! I read the fine print and found a loop hole about the promtion being void if duplicate winning numbers were sent out in error. Anyway I called and gave the women some numbers and she said I should come in to get my prize.
I then checked out the website and noticed they didn't even have a Brand New Dodge Caliber in stock. I called them and got a sales person, I played dumb until he confirmed that they didn't have any. I said, "how am I supposed to pick up the car I won if you don't even have it?" He went on about getting to pick my own trim option and they could deliver the car to me.
My mailer actually says I won $20,000 but I am sure if I go I will walk away with 2 gold coins.

But, seriously, Has anyone ever actually won the money or a car?
farrant91

Postby marschall97 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:57 am

Indirectly, you won $.

99% of winners in the current Chrysler promotion win a discounted travel deal.

Participants can stay at a resort hotel or motel paying only the tax, Chrysler says it's max $30 for 2 days, maybe 3.

To goto resort locations at a distance, participants pay the airfare themselves.

But if the resorts are close, participants drive there or take other land transport & get the 2 day stay for only the tax.

If ppL goto a Chrysler dealer when they do their scratch off and enter their name, they'l get more scratch off offers.

I heard some ppL sell them.

The suggested retail value is $175.
marschall97

Postby anakausuen31 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:01 am

You didn't win anything, stop getting all excited. All you got was a piece of promotional mail from a dealer trying to drum up new business. Everyone in your zip code got the exact same mail.

What they want you to do is come into the showroom to "claim" your prize which is probably a pair of steak knives. While you are there filling out a mound of paperwork to get your steak knives they put the hard sell tactics on you and convince you that you need to buy a new car from them TODAY. If you are gullible and easy to sway you'll buy this line of nonsense and convince yourself that the salesman is right, a new car is a good idea.

Ignore this piece of junk mail.
anakausuen31

Return to Chrysler