Why are saxo's so expensive to insure?

Citroen model vehicle information

Postby derrian » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 pm

a friend of mine was thinking of buying a Citroen saxo 1.1 the other day but the insurance was crazy compared to cars that are very similar in engine size etc.. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this other than the fact its an obvious boy racer car? thanks in advance
derrian

Postby stoke35 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Now getting old and so can easily end up being written off by a minor bump and some parts prices climbing - 5 to 10 year old cars are generally cheaper to insure than older ones

They will have a bad claims history overall due to the type of boy racer driver

If you can get insureed for less than £2000 you are doing very well as it has gone up on average for teens 64% in the last year
stoke35

Postby faiion58 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Another reason could be that repair costs can be expensive because of the design and layout of the engine and components.

Years ago, I had a Citroen AX and it was difficult to repair because to get at part A, parts B C and D had to be removed. I was actually advised by an AA man to get rid of it and buy a fiesta instead.
faiion58

Postby tighe16 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 pm

You said it yourself, "its an obvious boy racer car." Insurance companies are well aware of that, based upon the claim record.

If you want cheap insurance (relatively speaking at any rate) stick with dull, boring, and under 1 litre.
tighe16

Postby harleigh » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 pm

If he is quite young the insurance will be high
or has he tried different insurance companys like tesco or admiral if he finds a quote online for them they quickly switch to there insurance. there quite cheap
Good luck :)
harleigh

Postby hubert » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm

i know just how you feel, i've been trying to get a quote for a 1.0 lupo and its just stupidly expensive.
hubert

Return to Citroen