What does service engine soon mean?

Nissan model vehicle information

Postby chozai » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 am

i have a 2003 nissan sentra and the engine light came on idk y..i just got it tuned up change oil like 2 weeks ago..i went to get it checked it went away for one day now its back..and i find it hard to accelerate when i'm going uphill..
chozai

Postby alhan73 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:04 am

It means exactly what it says, genius.
alhan73

Postby garnell » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:12 am

Have your engine checked.
garnell

Postby jakeem » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 am

Take the car back to the dealership, where they will check the computer in your car and tell you exactly what is wrong. Not every garage can tell you what you need to know. You have to take the car to a Nissan garage or to a garage where they have the proper technology to read the car's computer.
jakeem

Postby lachlan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:30 am

All cars need to be regularly serviced. It helps to maintain them at optimum performance. You have to take them to the garage where they will be checked out by the engineers. I'm assuming that your handbook tells you how often your vehicle needs to be serviced. To keep it running properly you should make sure you have the necessary service checks perform.
lachlan

Postby coman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 am

Some cars have a warning that comes on to remind you to get the car serviced - this sounds liek what you are seeing. When the garage does the service they should re-set the warning - maybe they forgot to do this, in which case the users manual will tell you how to cancel it, or else take it back to the garage. But if you only had an oil change and not a proper service, you need to get that done.
coman

Postby taylor9 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:34 am

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/profile.php?id=100000244995415

Please add her and vote for addie in the 'pretty in pink' album, her photo is the 8th one she is wearing a red dress that has little ginger bread men on it. we are trying to win a 2 hour photo shoot and a 100 dollar photo package which would be nice since we have yet to get her pictures taken! vote once a day untill the end. you would also have to support one of the boys in the 'handsom in blue' album. Thanks!
taylor9

Return to Nissan