Why does the passenger seatbelt sign light up with no-one on the seat. saab 9-3 2003?

Saab model vehicle information

Why does the passenger seatbelt sign light up with no-one on the seat. saab 9-3 2003?

Postby malvyn » Sun May 13, 2012 4:52 am

i have a saab 9-3 2003 2.2 tid and the passenger seatbelt sign comes up when there is no one or nothing on the seat. please help me
malvyn

Postby bo78 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:53 am

Defective occupancy sensor on passenger seat. Temporary fix - plug the passenger seat belt into the buckle and it goes off
bo78

Postby tyrelle » Sun May 13, 2012 4:56 am

Saab made the seat button so that pressure gave the signal either that pressure switch needs a new one or it could just need a little 3 in 1 oil on the switch otherwise you will need to try connecting the Safety strap but I do not think that will work because the light is made to work through weight on the seat, try to find a telephone book or something with enough weight to fool the switch & let it think someone is sitting there. Parts are going to be hard to find but any pressure switch mechanism should work as long as it is not a heavy duty one otherwise you will end up with a bag of cement on the seat. Ask any Good Saab dealer. Best Wishes.
tyrelle

Postby macelroy59 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:00 am

here we are again with an old car that ford got it's greasy hands on, and it does strange things as it is now 9 years old it will have problems so plug the seat belt into the clip when no one is sat in the car the light will go out not a problem unless you are going to spend money getting it fixed but it is an old car.
macelroy59

Return to Saab