Why is my vauxhall corsa leaking water on the driver's side footwell?

Vauxhall model vehicle information

Postby brodrig » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Behind the drivers seat the foot-well has been leaking for a while, I have take it to the garage but they said they couldn't see why.(They aren't a very good garage according to close friends.) However since it has been raining more and more it has become worse. Concluding in me having mushrooms growing in the back of the car. Please can someone help me!
brodrig

Postby engel81 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:22 pm

this is a typical weld seal leak result. eg Part of sealing on a welded joint failing. under pressure of water allowing ingress. these can be a murder trying to pinpoint. ( I once traded a car in as we were never able to solve water in foot-well behind driver on a minder)
we have to look at every place eg water runs down as well as in a failed joint seal. check window seal on rear window. try looking in boot and around inner weld joints near foot well . behind wheel etc.
lift carpet. as far as possible and dry with hairdryer. pop along to washing area where high water pressure etc is applied or use a jet washer. sit in car and have water applied all over especially that area. if we can see ingress of water we will have idea where leak is and take remedial action. good luck. i wasted 6 weeks trying to find mine without luck.
engel81

Return to Vauxhall